Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Secret Garden



Thrifted lace top, Forever 21 spaghetti strap tank, thrifted sheer pleated maxi skirt, Forever 21 leopard heels, vintage necklace


Took a one-hour drive to the Huntington Library of Art and Botanical Gardens today with a couple of close girlfriends, Jlee of Chic & Dapper and Chan of Dainty World to research for a report that I have to write for my Historical Costume class.  It was well worth it because I ended up falling in love with everything in the museum.  I became very inspired by the girliness, femininity, pastel colors, soft shape, and beautiful women of the European artwork in the 18th century.  I kept having this constant urge to sit down in a big fluffy dress and have a cup of tea.  This period in time has become one of my favorites in terms of fashion!


The museum is HUGE- the map resembled one of Disneyland's!  We didn't even get to finish walking around since the opening hours were only from 12-4:45.  I spent more than an our in the art building taking pictures of artworks, and then we spent quite a long time outside in the gardens.  We only managed to go to two gardens, the Shakespeare Garden and the Chinese Garden.  The Chinese Garden was so lovely!  There were amazing scenery all over the museum, and we found many great opportunities for photographs.  It's such a beautiful place, and I'm looking forward to visiting the other many gardens that we did get a chance to visit yet.  I recommend everyone to visit the Huntington Library if you live nearby or ever happen to be nearby. 


We took a spontaneous detour on the way home to Buffalo Exchange in Long Beach (after getting lost a million times in the confusing streets of Long Beach- UGH!)  I found so many amazing things!!!  I can't wait to show you guys my purchases!!


The vintage necklace I wore to the museum is one of my favorites.  I got it super cheap at the Salvation Army a few years ago.  The mini roses are actually real dried up flowers.  The petals are even starting to fall off!  I love the Victorian feel of it.  The sheer pleated maxi skirt in a pastel greenish-blue along with my lace top are finds from my previous Buffalo Exchange trip that I mentioned in a blog post.  I love how my entire vintage-girly outfit depicted the mood and feel of the museum and the art galleries perfectly. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Dress to Nines