Friday, September 30, 2011

To Neverland








Forever 21 top, Mossimo Black pants, unknown shoes, random bracelets

Went to the library to study for a Historical Costume exam taking place the next day with my friend, Chan of daintyworld, and we both walked in a mesmerized daze towards the beautiful park behind the library.  It was filled with trees, grass, leaves, and all those other good nature-y stuff- pretty much the perfect backdrop (and subject!) for photos.  Evidently, I was not prepared for a fashion shoot with my thrown-on-I'm-going-to-be-a-hermit-and-study-all-day outfit.  I find Peter Pan collars to be so youthful, fun, and feminine, which is exactly what I felt when I wore this Peter Pan collared blouse. 

I've been on a thrifting craze lately.  My skin itches when I think about all of the amazing finds I might be missing out on when I miss even a week of a visit to my nearest Savers.  Today, I went to Buffalo Exchange (in my opinion, a "thrifting splurge" with its overpriced secondhand goods) and found so many great items.  I'm looking forward to future photoshoots with them!  

So did anyone else hear about the release of the Kindle Fire?  





I cannot speak enough of it!  It is AMAZING.  I'm a die-hard Amazon Kindle fan already- especially after buying my Kindle 3 wi-fi + 3G a month ago.  A tablet that could be just as good or even BETTER than an iPad?  For $199?  AND it's Kindle?  And it's through Amazon?- which I'm a Prime member of and a future credit-card holder (I applied for their credit card today.)  SOLD.

It won't release until November 15, but already there is a wait-list of people who pre-ordered them.  I pre-ordered one for myself that night.  At first I considered returning my Kindle e-reader to buy the Kindle Fire, but then I realize that they are two different products for two different needs.  The Kindle e-reader is perfect for reading because the battery can last up to 2 months on a single charge, the screen has no glare so it won't hurt my eyes, and it has free 3G internet everywhere I go.  The Kindle Fire is perfect for all modes of entertainment- movies, music, TV shows, magazines, books, browsing the internet, playing games, downloading apps, etc.  It's expected to sell over 3 million of them over this holiday season, so if you're thinking about getting one, pre-order it now before you find yourself calling a million stores only to find out that they all ran out of stock! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Dress to Nines